Sunday 29 April 2012

If You Forget My Birthday, Can I Stay a Year Younger?

Still recovering, still spending so much time sitting. And thinking. 


I spent a lot of years not celebrating my birthday, and not being valued or cherished. So I do like to make a fuss of myself, at least to a degree (believe me, if you know me, you'll realise that's a big deal because I'm just not the fuss-making type. My husband tries to convince me that shopping is a good thing. I am baffled). I have learned that to love oneself is a truly blessed thing to do.


'Love your neighbour as you love yourself'. The words of the most beautiful human to have ever lived. 


Loving yourself: not to be confused with arrogance, or self-aggrandisement. That is around in abundance. Arrogance actually reflects a lack of real love for yourself. If you really loved yourself, you'd know you have no need to demonstrate how much better than other people you are. And when you understand what this means, loving your neighbour comes as second nature.


Anyway, it was my birthday <insert funky picture>





Woo! I had a card from my parents and from my sister, one from my husband and three from friends. I also had a few text messages. Thank you!


However




o_O




MIL and FIL forgot. So did SIL. I think because of this I am entitled to stay thirty-four twenty-six for another 6 months at least.



No comments:

Post a Comment